Wednesday 21 April 2010

Upgrading

In getting my gaming-rig-face on, I tend to get carried away. To the dismay of my much frustrated bank, I am currently carried much further than just  'away'. I'm not sure what they call this place, actually. But it got tons of RAM, i7, 120 Hz and Crossfired HD5870s. It should do fine for a spot of WoW.

The pricetag, for instance. This stuff is expensive in Denmark, seeing as we pay taxes on consumer electronics and everything else for that matter. Because, you know, we have free health care for everybody and that is not cheap.

I have this savings account that I am using as a playground for a wad of cash. Enough cash to buy me said system, and then some. Trouble is, I think I am supposed to use those money for emergencies of some sort. There was definitly some purpose defined in some kind of will at some point.

So the battle is on between my conscience and my desire to play WoW on a rig, that can also do advanced astro-physics calculations in seconds. As it is now, it feels like my conscience might need an upgrade the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment